Public Service Announcements
We plan to produce a series of public service announcements leading up to the release of the film in July 2018. The PSAs will remind all of us that the war against AIDS is not yet over. Each PSA will focus on a specific issue, emphasizing that it is not too late to address the issue and to end the AIDS epidemic.
The sample PSA focuses on the plight of young girls, especially in Africa where their infection rates are twice that of young men. In 2014, PEPFAR (President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief) launched an ambitious program called DREAMS to address the challenges of adolescent girls and young women in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Topics for future PSAs include:
- It's not too late to change the future and to end the AIDS epidemic.
- It's not too late to strengthen American leadership in the fight against AIDS.
- It's not too late to ensure universal access to HIV prevention, testing, and treatment services.
- It's not too late for faith leaders to use their influence to end the stigma of HIV and AIDS.
- It's not too late to ensure that children are free of AIDS.
- It's not too late to empower young girls to control their own lives.
- It's not too late to empower young people to have a future without AIDS.